Technical Writing Training Courses
Established on 2000, we have provided technical author training courses to many branches of industry and commerce.
Our own documentation has covered a wide range of technical subjects, including:
- Hi-tech astronomical telescopes run by the European Southern Observatory
- BioDiesel Manufacturing Equipment
- Laser metrology equipment
- Oil fleet shipping management software
- Retail Fixtures and Fittings installation manual
- Pension fund Contact Centre procedures
- MOT Test logging software
- Forensic software
... and a host of others
Writing style is important. If people like the writing style and the
appearance, they will enjoy reading it. If they don't like it, they'll
call your Help Desk instead. And that costs you (and them) money...
My course teaches you about writing in 'plain English' wherever possible. This means more people can read your technical documentation, quicker and with fewer mistakes.
You will learn about researching the content carefully. This makes sure you capture all the necessary information, arrange it correctly, and then derive the correct structure.
Good navigation is essential: my course shows you how to give your Manuals a thorough 'Index at the back'. This helps your readers to find what they want, and quickly.
Appearance is important too. It needs to be "easy on the eye", so this course shows you best layout practices. You need the right balance of images (photographs, screenshots, diagrams, etc).
You might be writing technical documentation in the form of:
- Hardware and Software Manuals (including PDF format for printing)
- Business operating procedures
- User Instructions, Installation Guides and so on.
I am a Science graduate (Applied Physics, Electronics and Control Engineering to Masters level at 4 universities). Also, wide industrial, technical and writing experience in many business fields, including:
- Electronics, electro-mechanical and electrical engineering
- Technical Drawing Office manager
- IT systems, software product management, quality control and training courses
- 20 years in Sales, Marketing and Franchise Management selling technical equipment and software systems
- 12+ years full-time business writing documentation and running writing courses
- Technical Writing Courses offered.
I'm a very experienced author, and I want to pass on the best of what
I know to your people, about best writing practices. Take this course!